1. Click Ruby Installer
2. Under the ‘RubyInstallers’ section, click ‘Ruby 2.3.3’ link.
3. Launch the installer and follow the instructions.
NOTE: On the Setup step, choose the default location (C:\Ruby23) and select all checkboxes: Install Td/Tk support, Add Ruby executables to your PATH, and Associate .rb and .rbw files with this Ruby installation
4. Once complete, open a command window (Start > Run > cmd.exe) and type ‘ruby –v’. The installation was successful if you receive: ruby 2.3.34p*** (<current date>) [i386-mingw32]
5. To install the Developer’s Kit, click Devkit
6. Scroll down the page to the ‘Other Useful Downloads’ section and find the Development Kit for use with Ruby 2.0 and above download link.
7. Install the Development Kit. Link on page is ‘DevKit-mingw64-32-4.7.2-20130224-1151-sfx.exe’
a. It is recommended that you use the 32 bit version, but the 64 bit version should work as well.
8. Extract it to root directory (Example: C:\Devkit)
9. Once complete, open a command window (Start > Run > cmd.exe) and navigate to the above directory
10. Type command ‘ruby dk.rb init’. This generates the config.yml file
11. Type command ‘ruby dk.rb review’. You should see the ruby version you installed listed.
12. Type command ‘ruby dk.rb install’. This should install Devkit.
13. In your command window type command ‘gem update -p --system’
14. Type command ‘gem install bundler’. Override any prior versions of the Bundler gem if prompted.
15. Please navigate to https://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/download/previous.html
16. Download and install RubyMine 2017.3
17. After relaunching the application, click Configure à Settings
18. Click Languages & Frameworks à Ruby SDK and Gems
19. Click ‘Add' (green ‘+’ sign)
20. Click the available Ruby SDK displayed, ‘C:\Ruby23\bin\ruby.exe’
21. Click the radio button next to the Ruby SDK displayed
22. Click OK
Installing Ruby, the Developer’s Kit, and RubyMine.